THE ROLE: Based in Holborn
Working with the Senior Individual Giving Manager, you will help to oversee and deliver the Individual Giving strategy. You will lead on the development and management of Individual Giving activity including cash appeals, supporter newsletters, raffles, paid social media, telemarketing, in memory giving and gifts in Wills to help reach the Individual Giving team’s income target. This role involves line management of two Individual Giving Officers.
- With support from the Senior Individual Giving Manager, devise and deliver the Individual Giving strategy in line with charity’s overarching objectives.
- Alongside the Senior Individual Giving Manager, to be responsible for developing and implementing the Individual Giving income and expenditure budget, monitoring income, preparing forecasts and accounting for variations in income.
- To help support, develop and deliver an annual programme of multi-channel campaigns using direct mail, PSMS, digital marketing and telemarketing to retain and develop donors, ensuring all campaigns fall within brand guidelines.
- To manage supporter journeys in collaboration with other teams to maximise lifetime value and retention.
- To excel in cross-team campaign management and to be accountable for operating against agreed schedules and processes, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure activity works and fits within all organisational communication plans.
- To line manage two direct reports; to set and review objectives, conduct regular one-to-ones and facilitate development of identified training needs.
- To stay well-informed of and responsive to the challenges presented by the external environment, the evolving fundraising landscape and relevant gaming and legacy legislation. This includes actively identifying and advising on trends and potential areas for income growth to expand the Individual Giving programme and develop the Individual Giving strategy.
- Adopting a test and learn approach, develop new fundraising ideas to ensure a strong Individual Giving portfolio and avoid overreliance on any one income source. This includes maximising on a range of data-capture and fundraising opportunities to grow our donor base.
- At least three years’ demonstrable Individual Giving fundraising experience
- Experience of developing and feeding into Individual Giving strategies
- Implementing a test and learn approach into a programme for continued improved performance
- Knowledge of budgets and experience of reporting financial performance against targets
- Project management experience including planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of campaigns
- Excellent proven track record of managing an integrated direct marketing programme across a variety of channels
- Experience of working with data teams to deliver complex data strategy selections
- Ensuring decisions made are insight driven to improve performance of the Individual Giving programme
- Experience of managing staff to achieve results and feel supported in their work as well as foster their development
- Experience of managing external suppliers and agencies and negotiating contracts
- Knowledge of regulatory environment for fundraising from individuals including data protection, Gift Aid and fundraising codes of practice and regulation
- Ability to work across teams and departments in a collaborative manner and to proactively engage with colleagues on projects
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work to deadlines
- A strong team worker and motivator of others
- A highly innovative and creative thinker with the ability to critically appraise ideas
- Able to act with tact, diplomacy, confidentiality and deal with sensitive issues
- The client wants someone with at least three years’ Individual Giving fundraising experience,
- They need someone who can hit the ground the running and get stuck into a busy and varied Individual Giving programme from day 1.
- They must be confident with all aspects of Individual Giving.
- This role manages two Individual Giving Officers and the Digital Marketing Intern to create campaigns across the following channels: direct mail, email, SMS, paid and organic social media, telemarketing.
- The successful applicant will be required to work in our head office in Holborn three days a week and work from home the other two days.
- The Individual Giving Team has exciting plans for growing income in 2024. We plan to increase overall income to £9.4 million with an expenditure of just under £3 million.
- Holiday allowance: 25 days p/a, bank holidays, office closure between Christmas and New Years plus 1 day off on your birthday
- 5% pension
- Hybrid working- 2 days from home// 3 days from office