Our client is looking to source a Commercial Business Assurance Advisor for their Selkirk based Head Office.
The purpose of this key role, which will involve occasional travel, is to:
Drive the compliance strategy within Sales and Commercial i.e. to strengthen the first line of defence.
Manage a risk based business assurance audit programme to monitor performance against all our regulatory and legal obligations within Sales and Commercial.
Ensure that Sales and Commercial processes are managed appropriately to mitigate risk.
- Lead business assurance activities within the Commercial Department.
- Proactively identify risks, undertake reviews and create appropriate action plans to manage those risks.
- Establish an effective control framework for the Sales functions.
- Maintain all key and critical process control documents to the required standard.
- Seek out opportunities to continuously improve processes in the Commercial Department.
- Coach colleagues on risk and compliance related issues.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Understanding of Risk and Compliance within a Sales environment
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Able to work to tight deadlines and handle several simultaneous projects
- Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong people skills
- Excellent communication skills, especially in relation to report writing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of coaching
- IT skills e.g. Microsoft office
- Working knowledge of Spice
- Understanding of sales
- Internal audit experience
- Managing outsource partners