Our client is a trusted and dependable provider of specialist services to the Rail and Forestry sectors. Currently they are looking to recruit a qualified Ecologist to join their team based in Petersfield.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide support and guidance in aspects of ecological conservation.
· Have an awareness and understanding of habitat management and wildlife legislations.
· Undertake ecological surveying and logistics planning at a variety of sites, as required.
· Produce Preliminary Ecological Assessments (PEAs).
· Assist with Ecological Impact Assessments (ECIAs) and Habitat Regulations Assessments (HRAs) and feedback findings.
· Assist/lead on protected species surveys and reports, depending on experience/survey licenses, and feedback findings.
· Assist with/undertake ecological data collation, analysis, monitoring and reporting.
· Assist with/lead on protected species/habitat mitigation measures, depending on experience and survey licences. Support/lead on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of measures as agreed, providing periodic updates.
· Support the professional development of junior ecologists within the team.
· Provide regular updates to colleagues and the Environment Manager, keeping them informed of works and progress.
· Observe and follow all applicable safe methods of working, and health, safety and environmental rules/procedures. Report any incidents or Close Calls immediately to the appropriate person.
· Undertake training as required by your manager or the Company.
· Adhere to Company Policies and Procedures.
· Be a brand ambassador, upholding and reflecting the ethos and values of the Company.
· Work in accordance with the company’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy.
· Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Company.
· Work flexibly and be receptive and adaptable to a changing environment within a growing
· Degree in Environment/Ecology-related subject or equivalent experience
· Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental
Management (CIEEM), or working towards.
· Recent experience in a similar role.
· Experience of working on projects including a variety of protected species/habitats.
Working towards survey class licences for protected species.
· Knowledge of relevant wildlife legislation.
· Good report-writing skills and experience in producing reports.
· Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· A good understanding and application of health, safety and environment practices.
· Flexibility in your approach to work and problem-solving skills.
· Physically fit and able and willing to work in inclement weather.
· Self-motivated and a team player.
· Full UK driving licence.
· Experience in the rail industry.
· Experience in working on infrastructure projects.
· Experience of GIS
20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Pension Salary exchange pension programme
Vehicle will be provided for site visits
Job Type: Full-time